Specifically developed for radiation-cured coatings, the SYLOID® RAD silica series offers high matting efficiency and low-gloss levels in coatings for a variety of wood, plastic, and metal substrates. The series is based on a well-defined particle size distribution and controlled silica morphology with a surface modification compatible with the most frequently used resin monomer and oligomer types.
Matting agents for 100% VOC-free radiation-cured coatings
Features and benefits
- High matting efficiency – “dead-matte” below 10 GU
- Viscosity control
- Gloss stability
- Excellent dry film clarity
- No detectable crystalline silica
SYLOID® RAD silica grades
SYLOID® RAD silicas are organically treated, synthetic amorphous silica gels specifically developed as high-performance matting agents for radiation-cured coatings. With low thickening and excellent viscosity stability, SYLOID ® RAD silicas provide the benefits of excellent application performance characteristics including easy incorporation, minimum foam/aeration problems, excellent film clarity, and anti-settling.
- SYLOID® RAD 2005 Silica
- Broadly applicable, optimal for spray applications
- SYLOID® RAD 2105 Silica
- Broadly applicable, optimal for roller applications
- SYLOID® RAD 3007 Silica
- Enhanced matting efficiency for selective formulations