What’s pop’n? On this week’s edition of Diesel Discourse I got to chat with GMB Trainer, Hand-Balancer extraordinaire, and all-around bodyweight ninja, Kirsty Grosart.
When I first saw Kirsty’s videos and photos online, I was absolutely blown away by her skills! Some of the moves she is known for like the straddle planche, front lever, and one-arm handstand, I’d only ever seen performed by dudes before.
We finally met in person at a GMB hand-balancing workshop in NYC and then again when Kirsty attended the Progressive Calisthenics Certification last June.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Kirsty was a gymnast until she was 19, and then started training calisthenics as an adult after building a homemade gym in her garage
- How Kirsty became a lead trainer for GMB Fitness
- What calisthenics moves Kirsty is currently trying to conquer
- The craziest places she’s traveled for workshops and wackiest locations she’s practiced handstands
- Kirsty’s experience at the PCC workshop and some of the PRs she set that weekend
- How Kirsty became a Vegan and how it impacted her training
- How Kirsty overcame an injury and became stronger because of it
Check it out:
If you want to learn more about Kirsty Grosart, click the links below: